toggle doesn't toggle

Post your query about Panda Global Protection, Panda Internet Security and Panda Gold Protection here!
Skash

toggle doesn't toggle

Post by Skash » Tue, 09 Jan 2018, 04:30

Wifi protection BS won't turn off, you pay for software and expect paid results but what I get is some cowboy prep boys that use phpbb for a support forum.

can I get a refund because it appears to be a product fault and you don't have any staff left to assist... only volunteer moderators and a forum full of security people.

Not even a phone number for ANY country, it's a shame that you need 10 licences to actually SPEAK to a human.

Fix the issue by april, I might consider renewal, because right now the free alternatives have a more solid product and better support like the people that own GeekSquad, sure they are hopeless bafoons that don't know a wired internet connection from a powerline but... they are a support network that has a budget above... phpbb compatible server hosting.

Darth Panda
Official moderator
Official moderator

Re: toggle doesn't toggle

Post by Darth Panda » Tue, 09 Jan 2018, 11:00

Hi Skash:

Could you please send me a private message with your client number or your activation code? In case you haven't registered the product, tell me which country you are from.

Regards,

Tech Support Department
Panda Security
The Cloud Security Company
Technical support – Panda Security
www.pandasecurity.com

GoneToPlaid

Post by GoneToPlaid » Mon, 15 Jan 2018, 08:53

Skash wrote:Wifi protection BS won't turn off, you pay for software and expect paid results but what I get is some cowboy prep boys that use phpbb for a support forum.

can I get a refund because it appears to be a product fault and you don't have any staff left to assist... only volunteer moderators and a forum full of security people.

Not even a phone number for ANY country, it's a shame that you need 10 licences to actually SPEAK to a human.

Fix the issue by april, I might consider renewal, because right now the free alternatives have a more solid product and better support like the people that own GeekSquad, sure they are hopeless bafoons that don't know a wired internet connection from a powerline but... they are a support network that has a budget above... phpbb compatible server hosting.
Hello Skash,

I have been using Panda since 2009. I do not work for Panda. It is obvious that you are encountering some sort of issue. You mention that the Panda WiFi protection feature will not turn off? Please help by further explaining exactly what is occurring.

One possibility is that you are using a laptop computer on which you can either enable or disable the laptop's WiFi. If you toggle WiFi protection in Panda on or off, yet your laptop computer's WiFi is not turned on, then perhaps Panda doesn't change the setting because Panda doesn't "see" any active WiFi service. Try turning on WiFi on your laptop, and then try toggling the WiFi protection setting in Panda, and see if the toggled setting sticks such that Panda's WiFi protection remains turned off.

Another possibility is that Windows Firewall does not have the correct settings. Try turning off Panda's firewall, then turn on the Windows firewall (which will automatically update the Windows firewall settings), then toggle the WiFi protection setting in Panda, and then re-enable Panda's firewall. Performing this fairly quick procedure may completely resolve your issue. These issues are not Panda's fault, but instead are related to how Microsoft's Windows firewall operates -- whether enabled or disabled. One would think that when the Windows firewall is disabled, that any third party firewall would have full precedence over any of the disabled Windows firewall settings. This is not the case since the Windows firewall, even though it was disabled, had created specific registry settings which Windows will merrily obey even though the Windows firewall is disabled! This is yet another example of how Microsoft tries to get its customers to use only their own products.

Thus, please try both of the above to see if your issue gets resolved.

Best regards,

--GTP

Darth Panda
Official moderator
Official moderator

Post by Darth Panda » Tue, 16 Jan 2018, 11:20

hello, Skash,

Please send more info and some screenshots for the error you are experiencing.

You could also provide info on the country you live in, so we can direct you to the proper support phoneline.

Regards,

david
Technical support – Panda Security
www.pandasecurity.com

Return to “Consumer - Issues”