Wifi Protection

Post your query about Panda Global Protection, Panda Internet Security and Panda Gold Protection here!
Stinkypantsr

Wifi Protection

Post by Stinkypantsr »

Hi, the Wifi protection does not seem to actually track the devices that are connected to the Wifi. Whilst it has picked the ones I use up at one time or another it does not keep a remotely accurate 'live' feed of what is actively connected and often forgets the names I have assigned them and just leaves a Mac address and no other info.

Additionally I was wondering if it would be possible to set it up so as to only allow devices that I have accepted to access the Wifi and block all others?

Thanks for your time.
Darth Panda
Official moderator
Official moderator

Re: Wifi Protection

Post by Darth Panda »

wifi protection doees not block access to the wifi network.
It only allows or denies access to YOUR computer from the wifi network you are connected to.

as for the memory for the devices connected... is this always in the same wifi network, or does ti vary from network to network?
Technical support – Panda Security
www.pandasecurity.com
Stinkypantsr

Post by Stinkypantsr »

wifi protection doees not block access to the wifi network.
It only allows or denies access to YOUR computer from the wifi network you are connected to.
I see my mistake, I had hoped it would be able to and clearly did not read properly sorry.
as for the memory for the devices connected... is this always in the same wifi network, or does ti vary from network to network?
Always using the same network(I only have one), Sometimes it picks them up sometimes it does not even after several hours connected, I guess it is not a major issue but I have concerns as a neighbour had previosuly made alot of effort to get into our old Wifi so I would like to be able to see if this happens ASAP.

Thanks for the fast reply.
Darth Panda
Official moderator
Official moderator

Post by Darth Panda »

The info gathered by the wifi protection module, depends on lots of factors, like ping allowed, network connectivity, signal strength. If there is one o r more factor failing to fulfill expected levels, the info will be corrupted or missing.

In order to denny access to your neigbourgh my suggestion would be to change access from your wifi router, maybe only allowing access to certain MAC addresses, only your MAC addresses. check with your ISP how could this be done.

As for the people connected to your wifi,

check the software:

https://www.softperfect.com/products/networkscanner/

And use the portable program, to check who is connected to your network.

https://www.softperfect.com/download/fi ... rtable.zip
Technical support – Panda Security
www.pandasecurity.com
Stinkypantsr

Post by Stinkypantsr »

Thank you very much.
Darth Panda
Official moderator
Official moderator

Post by Darth Panda »