My Panda Antivirus keeps turning off

Post your query about Panda Global Protection, Panda Internet Security and Panda Gold Protection here!
superheating

Re: My Panda Antivirus keeps turning off

Post by superheating »

I love Panda Dome with passion. Though, I have the same exact problem. Recently the AV turns off and the computer freezes and I see a spike on GPU usage. Then, 5-10 seconds later everything goes back to normal. I am using Windows 7 x64 not Windows 10 by the way. I hope you guys fix it soon.

P.S. I believe a full uninstall / reinstall fixes this issue for a few weeks and then it is back.
superheating

Post by superheating »

Also, I do not know if you guys have this issue. I have noticed that Panda Dome tends to lock up exe for extended periods. I would go to a folder then try to delete an exe file but Dome would not allow me until like 2-3 minutes later. This was also a recent annoying problem. I have switched to another AV product, and the problems are all gone. I will come back to Panda Dome later to see if those problems are resolved.
Darth Panda
Official moderator
Official moderator

Post by Darth Panda »

Hi Superheating,

In order to solve the problem, try installing the last version of Panda Dome. If the problem continues, we will need you to send us some information to identify the problem. Please contact with your local Support:

https://www.pandasecurity.com/support/#homeusers

Regards,
Technical support – Panda Security
www.pandasecurity.com
superheating

Post by superheating »

Greetings, Darth Panda. Yes, I have tried a full uninstall/reinstall and like I said the problem resurfaces after weeks of usage. The locking issue is only noticeable (using Panda Dome only) when I do something heavy on the system. For example, when I play a high graphics video game. Using my current AV solution, this problem does not happen at all. So, I know it is Panda Dome related. While my current AV prolongs the system startup time, it does not cause me any issues after startup. So, I am sticking to it for now. The game I was actually playing is World of Warcraft, if that matters. My system is Windows 7 x64 Home edition.

Edit: I am using AVG Free at moment (feel free to remove this line).
Darth Panda
Official moderator
Official moderator

Post by Darth Panda »

Hi superheating

Where are you based?
which is your country of origin?
www.pandasecurity.com
superheating

Post by superheating »

I would like to post my feedback, after finally resolving the issues. After switching to AVG AV, I still experienced the exe locking issues but lightly. So, I decided to go ahead and see if I can resolve this issue permanently. I have formatted and performed a clean Windows install. I decided to reinstall Panda cause I really love it. Three weeks later and no more system freezing while gaming. Also, no more exe locking at all. So, if anyone has those issues, just go ahead and perform a clean Windows install.

Best Wishes.

P.S. Thanks for this awesome AV software.
Darth Panda
Official moderator
Official moderator

Post by Darth Panda »

Hi superheating,

I'm glad to hear it.

Regards,
www.pandasecurity.com

Return to “Consumer - Issues”