Panda Dome blocks Pokerstarsinstall.BE installation

Post your query about Panda Global Protection, Panda Internet Security and Panda Gold Protection here!
BoredUser007-

Panda Dome blocks Pokerstarsinstall.BE installation

Post by BoredUser007- »

Hello,

I recently re installed windows 10 1909 because i had a lot of issues (wifi crash + pc crash)
The very first time my pc crased before i format, i was on p*rnhub and shotcut was opened at the same time.
I believe that the issues i had can only come from :
-p*rnhub
-ch*turbate
-shotcut
-Aiseesoft
-Pokerstars.be

Or , maybe it came from a bad installation/update from windows 1903 to 1909 ...

So now, i'm happy i have a clean computer, and i would like to play on pokerstars as i always did ...
The problem is that Panda Dome has putten the .exe file (2.1 Mo) downloader in quarantine , and i have a windows message which says that i dont have the autorisation to access this file ...

Is it normal that this file is considered as a virus ? I really need an answer please.
I will not desactivate Panda in order to install pokerstars, because the last time i did that, it was if i remember well in 2013, and pokerstars was definitely a virus !

But before and after 2013, Panda never considerer pokerstars as a virus...
Is it now again a virus ?
How can i know if and when i will can play again on pokerstars ?
Please help
Darth Panda
Official moderator
Official moderator

Re: Panda Dome blocks Pokerstarsinstall.BE installation

Post by Darth Panda »

Hi BoredUser007,

If you want to know if the file is a virus, send it or send the link to the technical support of your country to be analyzed.

https://www.pandasecurity.com/support/

Regards,
Technical support – Panda Security
www.pandasecurity.com
BoredUser007-

Post by BoredUser007- »

i called the panda technical support
The analyst was very kind, he cleaned 1 registry item and 2 suspect files while analysing 10% of my system

The problem is that he can not analyse the pokerstars.be because i have to pay 6 month (+/- 250 € ) of technical help .... It is the half of the price of my pc, and i am too poor to pay that

So i guess i will have to desactivate panda in order to install PokerStarsInstallBE.exe which i download from www https pokerstars.be

BTW , i said in my first post that i have pc crash issues since 1909 because of wifi problems ... I have the same problem now, and all i can say is that it does not come from p*rnhub nor ch*aturbate nor Aiseesoft nor Shotcut ... maybe it comes from this pokerstars.exe or maybe it comes from Ccleaner, Glary Utilities, media player classic ...

But i rather believe it comes from Microsoft because i found on microsoft forum that many people have the same wifi problems (realtek network card)
I have read that 1909 has issues with i dont know which chip of the motherboard

Anyway, my pc looks a bit faster now thanks to the softwares the panda helpdesk installed on my pc :
SpyHunter5
PC Cleaning Utility Pro
ATC-T1-Toolkit-2020-8

I am still worried about this pokerstars.exe which i did not install yet, but thanks anyway (panda says its clean, but when i execute it, panda puts it in quarantine)

Regards
Darth Panda
Official moderator
Official moderator

Post by Darth Panda »

Hi BoredUser007,

If the antivirus put the file in quarantine, I suggest to uninstall the program.

Regards,
Technical support – Panda Security
www.pandasecurity.com
BoredUser007-

Post by BoredUser007- »

Note that panda says the installer of pokerstars is clean
panda only blocks it once the installation starts

I did desactivate panda to be able to ply on pokerstars, like millions of users do
Once pokerstars was installed, i reactivated panda and scanned all my pc with panda, and panda says my pc is clean

i do my home banking, and did buy games with credit card, and never had any hacking

i have some friends on pokerstars who have other antivirus, and their antivirus did not block pokerstars installation

Return to “Consumer - Issues”