[CLOSED] An error occurred in the protection we recommend that you restart the computer

Container for RESOLVED incidents, queries SOLVED by the experts, EXPIRED topics or those that have been CLOSED by the users.
grynnan

[CLOSED] An error occurred in the protection we recommend that you restart the computer

Post by grynnan »

"An error occurred in the protection To solve it we recommend that you restart the computer."

This issue hasn't been resolved by panda.

The "Panda Product Service" or PSUAService, still fails to launch.

You can manually start the service, but that's not how it's supposed to be.
If Panda can't get their product to work, why should we trust it's virus fighting capabilities?
To have an Antivirus fail to launch because of one (1) service thats not even trying to restart it self after failing,
it's just nothing the users want from a AV product.

I'm sorry Panda, I'm out.

Let me know when you have truly fixed this pos service issue.
And I might take another shot at it. But not as it is now.
VirusBuster
Official moderator
Official moderator

Re: An error occurred in the protection To solve it we recommend that you restart the computer

Post by VirusBuster »

grynnan wrote:Let me know when you have truly fixed this pos service issue.
And I might take another shot at it. But not as it is now.
In order to study the issue we will need a Panda Support Information log
What Panda product version are you using? You can check it in the version.ini file located in the antivirus installation folder
Regards,

Jorge Torre
TechSupport Department - Panda Security

I don't reply to private messages unless I have previously requested them
grynnan

Re: An error occurred in the protection To solve it we recommend that you restart the computer

Post by grynnan »

VirusBuster wrote: In order to study the issue we will need a Panda Support Information log
What Panda product version are you using? You can check it in the version.ini file located in the antivirus installation folder
Wait.. You want me to use a software that harvest information, then encrypt it so I can't see what is being gathered..
And you want me to send it to you? Are you kidding me?

Tell you what. Give me the password, and I might consider it.

VERSION.INI

[VERSION]
[VERSION]
VERSION=17.00.01.0000
LINE=4.0
TYPE=Release
NINST=20160818_Retail_2016
BRANCH=Retail_2016
REV=1
BUILD_DATE=18/08/2016 11:09:44
CID=PASSWORD REQ.

[MODULES]
INSTALLER=7.05.00.0047
NNS=3.2.0.372
PSBOOT=1.0.31.0
RKPAVPROC=2.0.11.0
GoneToPlaid

Post by GoneToPlaid »

grynnan wrote:
VirusBuster wrote: In order to study the issue we will need a Panda Support Information log
Wait.. You want me to use a software that harvest information, then encrypt it so I can't see what is being gathered..
And you want me to send it to you? Are you kidding me?

Tell you what. Give me the password, and I might consider it.
Hi grynnan,

No, the tool does not gather any detailed information about you whatsoever. Here is what the PCOPinfo tool does do:

The tool does retrieve your Panda Antivirus Customer ID. It also retrieves Panda's error logs which contain very basic information about whatever processes which run when your computer starts, including whatever process is preventing Panda's protection from successfully starting. The tool also retrieves very basic information about the running processes on your computer. This may include your computer account user name if one or more processes are launched by your user name when you log into your computer, instead of being launched by your computer under the the SYSTEM, LOCAL SERVICE and NETWORK SERVICE accounts.

In other words, the information which is gathered is very similar to the information which you see in Windows Task Manager after clicking the button to "Show processes from all users". The difference is that the information which is gathered by the PCOPinfo tool, by gathering Panda's very similar log files, is focused on whatever process is causing Panda's protection to not successfully start. You can look at Panda's log files yourself to see what those log files contain and which are conveniently gathered by the PCOPinfo tool to send to Panda. All that the PCOPinfo tool does is to conveniently gather and send this very basic information to Panda so that Panda can quickly figure out what is causing your issue.

I hope that the above information makes you comfortable with using the PCOPinfo tool since it is a really simple tool for troubleshooting issues and without any need whatsoever to gather any personal information other than what I outlined above.

More importantly, the data which the PCOPinfo tool sends is first saved on your computer as a 7zip (.7z) file which you can easily open and view using the freeware 7zip utility either before or after sending it.

Best regards,

--GoneToPlaid
grynnan

Post by grynnan »

GoneToPlaid wrote: More importantly, the data which the PCOPinfo tool sends is first saved on your computer as a 7zip (.7z) file which you can easily open and view using the freeware 7zip utility either before or after sending it.
I do know what 7z is, and I've been using the software for over a decade.

And no, it's encrypted, there is no way for me to open it. Even tried using my GPU's cuda cores to brute force open it with cRARk for 7z.
After 2days I gave up. And to be honest, I've already changed AV.

And.. I did have two log files for Pandfa AV, none of 'em over 80KB. +a list of running services/programs, that's another 75Kb.
I'll get that to 235KB. Maby some crap from the registry, that's another 250KB that would be relevant.
Compress that, and you get a file smaller than 485KB...

The 7z file made by the "panda gather shit"-program is over 2.5MB.
VirusBuster
Official moderator
Official moderator

Post by VirusBuster »

I will send you a PM with some details in a few minutes
Regards,

Jorge Torre

VirusBuster
Official moderator
Official moderator

Post by VirusBuster »

Closed due to lack of response
TOPIC CLOSED
Regards,

Jorge Torre

Return to “Consumer - Archive Issues”