What the heck is up with the big fall in detection rates this month???

Container for RESOLVED incidents, queries SOLVED by the experts, EXPIRED topics or those that have been CLOSED by the users.
bradens.pcs

What the heck is up with the big fall in detection rates this month???

Post by bradens.pcs »

https://www.av-comparatives.org/tests/r ... factsheet/
I'm not ready to jump ship just yet. I know how AV works; the AV programmers fight to block the Virus programmers, the Virus programmers constantly rewrite their code, and on and on it goes. Some months are better, and some months they are not.
But as detection rates go, under 95% is pretty bad. In fact it is the worst of all tested for the month of May. And FIVE false positives and yet you STILL get 95%? That's really bad.
I might be switching back to Avira or Kaspersky at this rate. I will wait for the AV-Comparatives report for June before I decide.
Darth Panda
Official moderator
Official moderator

Re: What the heck is up with the big fall in detection rates this month???

Post by Darth Panda »

Hi Bradens,

During May testing, Panda's protection rate fell below its usual standard. After the test, when we were provided with the test data, we discovered an installation error in the antivirus they used to do the test. The incident has now been corrected and we have checked that the errors found in the test are now workings as the were expected.

Regards,
Technical support – Panda Security
www.pandasecurity.com

Return to “Consumer - Archive Issues”