On Demand Scans feature req: Ask before neutralizing a virus

obs

On Demand Scans feature req: Ask before neutralizing a virus

Post by obs »

As discussed last year in a forum thread @ /forum/viewtopic.php?f=84&t=5689 (domain removed, as it seems that a hyperlink causes this message to be flagged as spam).

I request that the option "Ask before neutralizing a virus" be available for On Demand Scans.

This is an essential feature for any antivirus program, as none of them are perfect. It makes no sense that this option is available for auto-protect, but not for manual scans.

I've not seen another antivirus program that does this. At first, I thought the latest version was buggy, but came across the thread linked above. Please add this feature! Not all computer users are newbies. Thank you.
Darth Panda
Official moderator
Official moderator

Re: On Demand Scans feature req: Ask before neutralizing a virus

Post by Darth Panda »

Dear client,

If the detected file is a malware, no request will be asked, as it will be removed inmediately.
If the detected file is unknown it will be sent to quarentine, and you can restore it lately from there, if needed.

If you do know where you do have the files which could be detected as malware (twicjers, droppers, codebreakers, activators, etc) exclude that folder/file from analisys.

This is our policy about the consumer product protection at the moment.
You could also apply for the AD360 product, in which you do have the option to unblock the file right at the moment as it is blocked, being AD360 a corporate product where we are completely sure the user administrating it, is not a newby.

Regards.
Technical support – Panda Security
www.pandasecurity.com
Darth Panda
Official moderator
Official moderator

Post by Darth Panda »

thank you for your good wishes.
www.pandasecurity.com
mzb20476

Post by mzb20476 »

I used anti-virus software, most of which erased the malware by themselves, which made the user unaware of which software was infected with the virus. So I think having a notice before deleting is necessary
Darth Panda
Official moderator
Official moderator

Post by Darth Panda »

For the user to know what file has been deleted with malware, you have the detection logs.
Check it out on the logs, and you will know the file/software/malware detected as infection.
www.pandasecurity.com

Return to “Consumer Products Suggestions”