Can't to install new version

If you have issues with Panda Protection Advanced or with Panda Protection Complete, check the Support articles http://www.pandasecurity.com/support/ or else, post your question here!
igenex

Can't to install new version

Post by igenex »

Hello,
I'm trying to install a new version. During the installation, writes that i need to delete the old version. When i try to delete it, an error pops up.
Screenshot_1.png
Screenshot_1.png (11.23 KiB) Viewed 19883 times
https://yadi.sk/d/kTJ2fR-Q3SewSZ - logs
Darth Panda
Official moderator
Official moderator

Re: Can't to install new version

Post by Darth Panda »

Hi,

In this case, download this file http://www.pandasecurity.com/resources/ ... taller.exe . Execute the file that will uninstall all the versions of the antivirus and restart the computer.

Then try to install again the Antivirus, if the problem is still occurs, send us the new file PSNanoLog_XXXX.zip

Regards
Technical support – Panda Security
www.pandasecurity.com
kevinpanda

Post by kevinpanda »

I am having this same issue. I am a Panda Security monthly subscriber. I tried to install the new Dome several different ways (InstallPPS.exe, PANDAPS.exe, and the full PPS.exe file). It appeared to install, but on its reboot, there is no new application installed or in the apps list. I downloaded the generic uninstaller, and it keeps telling me I need to reboot in order to run it - each time I reboot and run it. I have no idea what to do, and I have spent hours on this. Please help.
Darth Panda
Official moderator
Official moderator

Post by Darth Panda »

Hi,

In order to solve the issue you will have to find and delete if exists the following:
- In C:\ delete the SMCLPAV folder
- In C:\Windows, delete the files RAVDG.tmp and RAVTC.tmp
- In Windows Registry, find and delete the Panda SMCL key entry in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Panda Security
For 64 bits operating systems the key is HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Panda Security
To open Windows registry:
1- Click the Start button.
2- In the Start Menu, either in the Run Box or the Search box, type regedit and press Enter. In Windows 8, you can type regedit on the Start screen and select the regedit option in the search results. In Windows 10, type regedit in the Search box on the taskbar and press Enter.
Finallly, reboot the computer and run the generic uninstaller again to uninstall the previous antivirus.

Regards
www.pandasecurity.com
kevinpanda

Post by kevinpanda »

Thanks for the quick reply.

It still does not work.

Here are my results.

There is no SMCLPAV folder anywhere on the C: drive, root or otherwise.

I deleted RAVDG.tmp from C:/Windows. RAVTC.tmp did not exist.

I tried to delete the 64-bit thread (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Panda Security). Some subthreads deleted, but the remaining ones give an error and will not delete. (I rebooted and tried using REGEDIT with administrator rights and still no ability to delete them).
Panda Regedit 64bit.PNG
Panda Regedit 64bit.PNG (3.96 KiB) Viewed 19636 times
I rebooted, and tried to run uninstaller.exe (downloaded yesterday). I get the same error as before:

What would you recommend doing next?

Thanks.
Attachments
2018-04-03.png
2018-04-03.png (3.24 KiB) Viewed 19636 times
Darth Panda
Official moderator
Official moderator

Post by Darth Panda »

Hi,

You will not be allowed to delete the Panda Security folder in the registry, you have to delete just the Panda SMCL key folder from the Windows Registry and then reboot the computer and run the generic uninstaller.

Regards,
www.pandasecurity.com
kevinpanda

Post by kevinpanda »

Well, reading your instructions helps. :D

The installer is running (progress!) but has been running for 30-40 minutes now. How long should the uninstaller run?

Thanks.
kevinpanda

Post by kevinpanda »

I rebooted (since it would not finish the uninstall). I ended up having to reboot multiple times, as apparently, the Uninstaller reinstalls the folders, files, and registry key that are listed below. I have it running again, with the "Please Wait. Uninstalling..." animated window running. It does not appear to want to finish. I am not doing anything else with the problem computer (I am posting this on a separate system).
kevinpanda

Post by kevinpanda »

Finally. I let the uninstall run forever. No reboot or message was when I went to look at my system. I tried to install Dome via the full PPS.exe package, but it wanted a reboot. I rebooted and tried the PPS.exe again. Ta-dah! Dome is installed and running.

Thank you. Your assistance and my persistence paid off. :D

Return to “Panda Protection Products - Issues”