[SOLVED] Schedule scan Exclusions feature broken

Container for RESOLVED incidents, queries SOLVED by the experts, EXPIRED topics or those that have been CLOSED by the users.
cp1

[SOLVED] Schedule scan Exclusions feature broken

Post by cp1 »

I attempted to identify certain files to exclude from a Scheduled scan I created in PCAV version 3.0.1. I clicked on the scheduled scan > Exclusions > Files and Folders, Add > selected the applicable file > then OK'd my way out. When I double-checked myself by clicking the preceding steps a second time, no exclusion entry appeared from the first time. The same results occurred when I tried the Extensions exclusion feature. (In fact, the word "prueba" appears, which, I assume, is Spanish? See attached image.)
2014-07-18_215622.png
PandaSupport1
Official moderator
Official moderator

Re: Schedule scan Exclusions feature broken

Post by PandaSupport1 »

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback!

1. About the spanish text "prueba" which appears wrongly, we can confirm that is a known issue and will be fixed in the next version of CloudAv.

2. Regarding the problem with the exclusions, I have tried in my own Pc and it worked, so we will need a remote control session to you machine in order to verify what is happening.

During this remote session we would be able to perform all the tests needed and gather the needed information in order to solve the problem.

In order to perform this remote session we need you to provide us with at least 24 hours in advance a date and time when you would be able to establish the remote connection.

We work from Monday to Friday, from 8:00 am in the morning to 14:00 pm in the afternoon in local Spanish time (CET/GMT+2).

Please let me know when suits you so we can arrange a date and provide you the connection details.

We are expecting your news.
Regards,

Alberto Domínguez
TechSupport Department - Panda Security

I don't reply to private messages unless I have previously requested them
cp1

Post by cp1 »

I'm not comfortable with a remote session. Can you describe, in detail, the steps you took when you successfully used the Exclusions feature? I'd like to follow those exact same steps to see what happens on my system.

Thank you.
TaTienDo
Official moderator
Official moderator

Post by TaTienDo »

Hi,

sorry for the inconvenience, you must run the same steps to create the exclusions.

We have tested here and works fine, if you can't provide us a remote in order to study deeply the issue, try uninstalling and installing again.

Keep us informed,

Regards,
cp1

Post by cp1 »

I think I have determined the problem. Refer to this thread: http://support.pandasecurity.com/forum/ ... =65&t=2714

As indicated in that thread, I changed the settings in Windows 7 Scheduled Tasks for the Panda-assigned Scheduled scans that I had created. The reason I changed the settings in Scheduled Tasks was to have my laptop wake up automatically from sleep or hibernate mode so the Scheduled scan will run. Apparently, changing the settings in Scheduled Tasks breaks the ability to further modify the Scheduled scan settings via the Panda interface.

How do I fix this? I don't want to uninstall and reinstall Panda. And attempting to change the Scheduled Tasks settings back to the original settings doesn't fix the problem.
TaTienDo
Official moderator
Official moderator

Post by TaTienDo »

Hi,

try deleting all scheduled task from windows and from antivirus.

Now create again the schedule task from antivirus. If the problem persists, try reinstalling again the antivirus.

Don't forget to keep us updated.

Regards,
cp1

Post by cp1 »

I tried your suggestion and deleted the tasks from Windows 7 Task Scheduler. However, as I expected, that doesn't fix the problem. Clicking the Delete button in Panda's interface will not delete the 'Scheduled scans' entries. They still appear in the 'Scheduled scans' section even after I try to delete them. And I believe the reason is because when I changed the settings in Task Scheduler for those 'Scheduled scans', it broke the connection between them and Panda's interface.

3 questions:

1) What is the most recommended way to uninstall and reinstall Panda Cloud Free? There are threads on the forum from users who experience trouble uninstalling and reinstalling. I'd like to avoid such problems.

2) I do not have or want the URL filter installed. How do I make sure it remains uninstalled when I reinstall PCAV?

3) The download site for the installer shows version 3.0. But I have version 3.0.1 on my system. Where is the download for version 3.0.1? (See below image.)
2014-07-24_104742.png
PandaSupport1
Official moderator
Official moderator

Post by PandaSupport1 »

Hi cp1,

1) The best option to uninstall the antivirus is the common option from Control Panel -> Add/Remove Programs. Anyway, if you are having problems uninstalling Panda Cloud Antivirus you can use the generic uninstaller tool:
Issues when trying to uninstall Panda Cloud Antivirus

2) You can use the generic uninstaller to be sure that all the remainings are completely off.

3) The download site would be the same. You will install the 3.0.1 version although the site shows that the version is the 3.0
Regards,

Alberto Domínguez

cp1

Post by cp1 »

Thank you. I will follow your instructions and let you know the outcome.
PandaSupport1
Official moderator
Official moderator

Post by PandaSupport1 »

cp1 wrote:Thank you. I will follow your instructions and let you know the outcome.
Ok, great ! ;)
Regards,

Alberto Domínguez

Return to “Panda Cloud Antivirus Free Edition - Archive Issues”