problem with the signature file in PCOP and Retail 2015

Find the answers to Adaptive Defense and Endpoint Protection queries in this forum. The experts will help you out!
smbcomputing

Re: Information regarding false positive with PCOP and Retail 2015

Post by smbcomputing »

What do we do with clients that have rebooted their machines?
mtrussa

Post by mtrussa »

Yes... What do we do with clients that have rebooted their machines?
You can imagine that is the first thing users did as they saw that their computer was not running...

We have some not starting anymore... Black screen!

Don't want to be "rude" but come cazzo si fa???!!!???
AjaxTheOtter

Post by AjaxTheOtter »

I would suggest trying to replace some of the more important .dll files from a still working computer, and then repair Panda using the offline installer, and finally recover files in quarantine. Currently trying this out, will update if it works. Another option I am trying is to run sfc /scannow from an elevated command prompt.
Anthony-AIRRIA

Post by Anthony-AIRRIA »

Hello,

All of our customers use the Panda Cloud Office Protection solution. The first Panda message is a reboot proposition, it makes sense that some people have already rebooted without even telling us.

We are waiting for you for information, we anticipated trying to call all our customers so they do not restart their PC. But for some the damage is already done: black screen at login, for others : unable to open some applications or print...

Hoping quick assistance and information from you,

Best Regards,

Anthony - AIRRIA
imingk

Post by imingk »

EagleEye wrote:Panda Security informs:

Nonetheless, it is very important NOT TO RESTART YOUR COMPUTER until a solution is available.
Can you summarize potential damage that can happen to Windows by restarting the computer?

I tried to look for information when apps wouldn't start but I cannot reach any of the Panda websites. I didn't see any warning on Panda's Twitter or Facebook accounts either. I'd guess by the time the Panda sites are up again most people would have rebooted. (Even now this site is slow and lost my message a couple of times <sigh>)

I did managed to get work done by disabling Panda, but the "Suspicious File Wanring" kept popping up and I had to exclude them. Now I have bunch of entries in the Settings > Antivirus > Files restored from quarantine and excluded from scanning list. Now, does the "delete" button next to the list delete the entries or does it delete the files?
mtrussa

Post by mtrussa »

Tried the same things... on some pc after restart the PC doesn't boot anymore.

On those with correct restart, in safe mode, removed Panda, restarted and something works, except from the .exe and .dlls found in the quarantine folder... (but don't know their original path).

Also after re-installing Panda, the quarantine is clean (but files still remain in quarantine folder, but don't know the original path of all the files).

It's a mess, we have about <100 computers in this state...
Emmes

Post by Emmes »

EagleEye wrote:Panda Security informs:

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. We will keep you informed at all times.
You gotta be kidding me! No network, no USB-connections... How can I repair this computer?

If my wife's computer is not up and running within 2 days from now, I will go to a lawyer!

I'm claiming a full refund plus repair costs for the windows installation! I just hope, that my mother is not on her computer right now ...!
VirusBuster
Official moderator
Official moderator

Post by VirusBuster »

For those who have already rebooted the machine, if its not booting properly, try rebooting into safe mode
If you have uninstalled the antivirus, the process may have deleted the files that have been sent to quarantine
C:\ProgramData\Panda Security\Panda Security Protection\Quarantine
Let us know if there is any file there
Regards,

Jorge Torre
TechSupport Department - Panda Security

I don't reply to private messages unless I have previously requested them
vimo

Post by vimo »

I became a Panda Cloud Antivirus just yesterday. And in less than 24hours I started getting these .dll errors.
So naturally I cleared my browser caches, deleted temp folder and files and restarted my PC.

The next 4 hours after restarting have been horrible for me.
I somehow managed to go to Windows 8.1 Troubleshooting page and do a system restore and got my PC working again.
I suspected I could only be Panda or other anti-walware I installed yesterday. So immediately went to check whats wrong with them ( PCAV and the anti-malware).

Panda AV says 4 Files in quarantine. And these are the files
panda-omg.png
panda-omg.png (23.14 KiB) Viewed 63591 times
All 4 files seem to be from Panda Security Folder itself.
That made me want to warn everyone and so I came upon this forum to see this is the problem indeed.

Now I want to uninstall Panda but not sure what would happen if I uninstall it and restart PC.
Can anyone guide me through the process which could be safe for me to do right now?

Thank you.
Nobody666

Post by Nobody666 »

Hi,

yes, there are files in "C:\ProgramData\Panda Security\Panda Security Protection\Quarantine\"
All Files are dated with today - so caused to your fatal failure.

Return to “Adaptive Defense and Endpoint Protection - Issues”