[CLOSED] Urgent - Panda Cloud Crashes all Pcs

Container for RESOLVED incidents, queries SOLVED by the experts, EXPIRED topics or those that have been CLOSED by the users.
mtrussa

[CLOSED] Urgent - Panda Cloud Crashes all Pcs

Post by mtrussa »

Hello.
Panda Cloud suddenly became from the language "italian" to "spanish".
After this Panda bloack ALL dlls needed to run programs.

Windows became unusable, also after restart.

This seems to be happening on windows 7 machines, we have ALL windows 7 machines running PANDA CLOUD / FREE Antivirus that are unusable.

The only thing to do is restart in Safe Mode, uninstall Panda WITHOUT emptying the quarantine when asked, and then restart the PC.

After restarting the pc begins to work well again, so the issue is "global" and it depends on Panda Antivirus: please help.

Thanks, Mat
brendi123

Re: Urgent - Panda Cloud Crashes all Pcs

Post by brendi123 »

Yes ! My laptop, and PC too!!! Urgent help please! My laptop is completely wrong! Nothing run! Panda free do not run , too!
Last edited by brendi123 on Wed, 11 Mar 2015, 17:55, edited 1 time in total.
VirusBuster
Official moderator
Official moderator

Post by VirusBuster »

Regards,

Jorge Torre
TechSupport Department - Panda Security

I don't reply to private messages unless I have previously requested them
breeze22

Post by breeze22 »

Thanks @mtrussa - you just saved my day!!!!

My pc was a total mess, dll files blocked and icons on desktop disappeared....

I followed your instructions and now my pc is back to normal - THANK YOU SO MUCH!! :D

Best regards,
breeze22
100%

Post by 100% »

Happened to me too. Totally killed my PC. No work done today, lot of money lost. Thanks, Panda!

So, Panda Team, your solution is not to restart computer. Wow, brilliant. It's a shame that vast majority of users did restart their PCs, including me.

Fortunately, mtrussa's solution works. Thanks, man, greatly appreciated!

Now, following mtrussa's solution, the REALLY smart move is to permanently uninstall Panda from your computer and install something better. Anything is better than a dead PC.

NEVER AGAIN PANDA, NEVER AGAIN!
VirusBuster
Official moderator
Official moderator

Post by VirusBuster »

For those who have already rebooted the machine, if its not booting properly, try rebooting into safe mode
If you have uninstalled the antivirus, the process may have deleted the files that have been sent to quarantine
C:\ProgramData\Panda Security\Panda Security Protection\Quarantine
Let us know if there is any file there
Regards,

Jorge Torre

mtrussa

Post by mtrussa »

...we have both situation:

-in some cases uninstalling Panda (from Safe Mode) when the uninstaller ask to delete or not, I answered "no delete".
Panda uninstaller restored those files and the system boot up OK

-in some cases uninstalling Panda (from Safe Mode) the uninstaller didn't ask anything. In those cases files are in the "quarantine folders" but obviuolsy we don't know what was the original path of those files (so it is useless, bceause many software doesn't start anymore browsers or microsoft office for example).

-in some cases we didn't uninstall panda but panda doesn't work anymore and there are no files in the quarantine folder, they have been moved or deleted elsewhere becasue many software doesn't work anymore (browsers or microsoft office for example).

-in some cases windows don't even restart (both in safe mode / normal mode).

It's a mess...
VirusBuster
Official moderator
Official moderator

Post by VirusBuster »

mtrussa wrote:-in some cases uninstalling Panda (from Safe Mode) the uninstaller didn't ask anything. In those cases files are in the "quarantine folders" but obviuolsy we don't know what was the original path of those files (so it is useless, bceause many software doesn't start anymore browsers or microsoft office for example).
For those cases we will need the content of the quarantine folder so that we can restore it for you and let you know where to restore the files
mtrussa wrote:-in some cases we didn't uninstall panda but panda doesn't work anymore and there are no files in the quarantine folder, they have been moved or deleted elsewhere becasue many software doesn't work anymore (browsers or microsoft office for example).

-in some cases windows don't even restart (both in safe mode / normal mode).
For those cases you could try restoring to a previous point
Regards,

Jorge Torre

Benutzername

Post by Benutzername »

So, this is it then.

Suddenly a client told me his Windows 7 had some issues and I told him (which solves things in Windows very often on its own: "Try turning it off and on again.") then he wasn't able to login anymore so I went there and checked the PC.

Several .dll missing, so windows say, though they were still existing in its original place. So I tried system restore from an early restoration point which failed, so I checked the safe mode and it was working.

So I wondered and wasn't sure. One thing to add: While trying to login as default user's name (non-admin) windows came with all the missing dll errors but trying as Administrator resulted in wrong password, hm.

At the same time another client told me he suddenly got a message shown by Windows, something about Panda Cloud Antivir isn't correctly working under Windows anymore and then explorer stopped working at all this stuff. So I thought, it's too similar as both PCs having the same antivirus system.

So I went on the first client, safe mode and deinstalled Panda. All works all fine. I went to check on the other client a bit later and that one was struggling much more.

I tried the same: Safe mode, uninstall, reboot ... login failed, comctl32.dll missing ... (which I checked, it was still there but windows didn't think so). And here I tried the system restoration, too. It worked instantly, rebooted in safe mode, uninstall ... failed ... the message was something like "... cannot be installed under this operating system" or so, which was funny as I tried to uninstall it.
So I checked online for a uninstaller, grabbed your generic uninstaller and that one worked.

I had a 3rd PC (XP Machine - CAD system) occuring it a bit different, as AutoCAD suddenly stopped working and was unable to reopen again and as I was unable to login as administrator, I was nearly sure the same thing happened there, too.
So, safe mode, generic uninstaller, reboot, login, started AutoCAD again ... but still the XP machine tells me it can not create some color palettes, which means most of the lines in Acad remain black ... great.

Not to reboot has never been an option, how would one know it's caused by a false signature in Panda?

I am sorry, but after the last BSOD caused by your program, I can't recommend this product anymore to anyone asking me. It's a shame though as I thought it was the last remaining free antivirus system that worked like a charme, with good performance and good results and decent fair selfprotection.

Seems, I was wrong and that caused to fail several PCs being able to run today which means time and money was lost for the clients. I don't know how that can happen but I never had such an extreme critical issue in any other used antivirus system.

I hope you'll find a solution, nevertheless good bye Panda. I can't trust your program anymore, I'm sorry. I just uninstalled it on my private machine, too, even before this error occured not waiting for it.

Have a good day.
brendi123

Post by brendi123 »

When will it be ready the recovery tool to rebooted computers? About 1-2 hours? Tomorrow?

Return to “Panda Free Antivirus - Archive Issues”