problem with the signature file in PCOP and Retail 2015

Find the answers to Adaptive Defense and Endpoint Protection queries in this forum. The experts will help you out!
cadsite

Re: Information regarding a problem with the signature file in PCOP and Retail 2015

Post by cadsite »

PSANHhost is still in 25%.
Can I safely restart my pc?
Pedro Maia

Re: problem with the signature file in PCOP and Retail 2015

Post by Pedro Maia »

I agree.
greenfielddave

Post by greenfielddave »

I've managed to rescue quite a few windows 7 pc's today that had been restarted by using windows system restore.

Boot the pc while pressing f8 and select repair your computer from the menu.

Select system restore and pick a date before 11/03/15. It may complain the restore failed. If it does then boot up with f8 again and go into safe mode and the restore will be complete.

Boot back up into normal mode and run the update on panda.
sabap

Post by sabap »

Thank goodness we have an image backup solution at our Medical facilities, we had to restore images on 100+ machines, which yielded a downtime of about 2.5 - 3 hours. The rest of our clients that did not have image-based backups were not so lucky. I doubt our firm will come out of this w/o loosing a client or two.

We WILL be actively seeking a replacement for our PCOP and PCOP-A endpoint security solutions. I know mistakes happen, however this one crippled our business today.

Just so you realize what this as affected, this has taken down 3 Municipalities (Including Law Enforcement), 4 Healthcare providers, countless other private businesses, just in our service area.

It has been over 8 hours now, and we still do not have a solution for the PCs that were rebooted and bricked.
KDan

Re: Information regarding a problem with the signature file in PCOP and Retail 2015

Post by KDan »

AIRNESS wrote:Does this mean we can now manual start a sync and the pcop client gets the tool automatically and restores the quarantined files?
I have tried to force the sync and sig update but as far as I can tell it does not run.

These are the commands I am using:
C:\Program Files <x86>\Panda Security\WaAgent\WasLpMng\WAPLPMNG.exe walupd -force
C:\Program Files <x86>\Panda Security\WaAgent\WasLpMng\WAPLPMNG.exe waltest -force
KDan

Post by KDan »

greenfielddave wrote:I've managed to rescue quite a few windows 7 pc's today that had been restarted by using windows system restore.

Select system restore and pick a date before 11/03/15. It may complain the restore failed. If it does then boot up with f8 again and go into safe mode and the restore will be complete.

I tried that and the PC was working fine until I set Panda to start. The next reboot and the same issues started happening again. I ran the "sc stop..." and no more programs got removed by Panda. Still waiting for the sig file to update to resolve the issue.

Has anyone had this problem fixed by the auto update yet? All my PCs still show sig dates from this morning.
Regis_Bocage

Post by Regis_Bocage »

France since 14h30:
150 PC off
180 people were stopped from working ....
200 antivirus licenses ....
I am no longer PANDA ...
PANDA costs a lot too expensive ....
PANDA France is not even present to support us !!!
They are all gone ....
Attachments
Panda_dead.jpg
Panda_dead.jpg (8.93 KiB) Viewed 32438 times
Last edited by Regis_Bocage on Thu, 12 Mar 2015, 00:16, edited 1 time in total.
sabap

Post by sabap »

I have seen no auto-repairs as of yet, and I have refreshed that damn support link about 300+ times all day. My patience is growing thin.
greenfielddave

Post by greenfielddave »

KDan wrote:
greenfielddave wrote:I've managed to rescue quite a few windows 7 pc's today that had been restarted by using windows system restore.

I tried that and the PC was working fine until I set Panda to start. The next reboot and the same issues started happening again. I ran the "sc stop..." and no more programs got removed by Panda. Still waiting for the sig file to update to resolve the issue.

Has anyone had this problem fixed by the auto update yet? All my PCs still show sig dates from this morning.
My customer pc's in the UK have updated the with new sig. We ran the manual update from the settings page in Panda.
KDan

Post by KDan »

greenfielddave wrote:
KDan wrote:

My customer pc's in the UK have updated the with new sig. We ran the manual update from the settings page in Panda.
PCOP or the stand alone?

Return to “Adaptive Defense and Endpoint Protection - Issues”