Many issues this morning... please help

Find the answers to Adaptive Defense and Endpoint Protection queries in this forum. The experts will help you out!
xlrint

Re: Many issues this morning... please help

Post by xlrint »

PandaSupport1 wrote:
xlrint wrote:
PandaSupport1 wrote:Most of our machines are successfully repaired. However, we have one that we partially removed Panda from yesterday and when we did, we lost network connectivity. Connectivity works in Safe Mode, but not in normal mode. I was able to partially reinstall Panda but it can't complete the process because it needs an active internet connection. At this point, my only option is to wipe the machine unless there is a fully manual method of installing both the Agent and Protection without needing an internet connection. Essentially, the machine is hosed because I attempted to manually remove the software before I became aware of the mess that was created by the false positives.

Any help would be much appreciated.
Maybe you could try restoring the system to a previous date.... :-(
Already tried that, it didn't work. I used one of your tools to remove the software, but it left it where it can't get internet access. Somebody there is bound to know what the software does to the network stack that would cause this problem. It feels like you are basically saying reinstall the OS...
blacksnow

Post by blacksnow »

Hello there,

After going through the procedure described in scenario 3 in the other thread, some things seem to be working again. Just some, though.

- quarantine folder appears to be empty

- some applications are to be started again (e.g. Firefox)

- others are not, due to the fact that its .exe is still missing or comctl32.dll is missing (even though it exists in both the system32 folder as well as syswow64 folder!)

- windows installer and windows modules installer do not work at all

- panda security can not be started either

So, to me this looks like we had to re-setup this server, which would be some kind of a catastrophe, due to the fact that this is our primary domain controller (2008 R2), unless you are still working on this and we can still hope for a solution.

Can you tell what's the state right now?
PandaSupport1
Official moderator
Official moderator

Post by PandaSupport1 »

blacksnow wrote:Hello there,

After going through the procedure described in scenario 3 in the other thread, some things seem to be working again. Just some, though.

- others are not, due to the fact that its .exe is still missing or comctl32.dll is missing (even though it exists in both the system32 folder as well as syswow64 folder!)

So, to me this looks like we had to re-setup this server, which would be some kind of a catastrophe, due to the fact that this is our primary domain controller (2008 R2), unless you are still working on this and we can still hope for a solution.

We have collected some files (thanks to ivan.ortiz) and we are developing a solution for the Comctl32.dll missing issue.
We will keep you updated. Sorry for the inconveniences.
Regards,

Alberto Domínguez
TechSupport Department - Panda Security

I don't reply to private messages unless I have previously requested them
blacksnow

Post by blacksnow »

Thanks for the feedback.

Is there a chance that the WMI and Windows Installer will work again after your next patch/fix?

Does anyone even have these side-issues?

BR
Sebastian
informaticaCHJ

Post by informaticaCHJ »

Will you publish the updates about this COMCTL32.DLL problem to all Panda clients in the same link as this morning?
PandaSupport1 wrote:

We have collected some files (thanks to ivan.ortiz) and we are developing a solution for the Comctl32.dll missing issue.
PandaSupport1
Official moderator
Official moderator

Post by PandaSupport1 »

informaticaCHJ wrote:Will you publish the updates about this COMCTL32.DLL problem to all Panda clients in the same link as this morning?
PandaSupport1 wrote:

Yes, we will update the forums, the website, twitter, ...
Regards,

Alberto Domínguez

CommIT

Post by CommIT »

PandaSupport1 wrote: Could you tell us if the quarantined file has a size of 0kb?
Yes they do.
PandaSupport1
Official moderator
Official moderator

Post by PandaSupport1 »

CommIT wrote:
PandaSupport1 wrote: Could you tell us if the quarantined file has a size of 0kb?
Yes they do.
You can delete those files manually under SAFE MODE.
Regards,

Alberto Domínguez

JSA

Post by JSA »

Use the regsvr32 method didn't fix the mfc80u.dll missing, but this time (after have done the patch/fix) the restoration to a previous date was successfull.
Now it seems that the black wednesday (and tuesday ) is finished.
PandaSupport1
Official moderator
Official moderator

Post by PandaSupport1 »

Hi,

For the comctl32.dll and other dll issues, we are working on a solution.

As a workaround, could you try restoring the operative systems to a previous points?
Sorry for the inconveniences.
Regards,

Alberto Domínguez

Return to “Adaptive Defense and Endpoint Protection - Issues”