[CLOSED] Potential False Positive - Redirector.gvt1.com?

Container for RESOLVED incidents, queries SOLVED by the experts, EXPIRED topics or those that have been CLOSED by the users.
LPC

[CLOSED] Potential False Positive - Redirector.gvt1.com?

Post by LPC »

I've been getting a "The page belongs to a category with access denied by the administrator (download sites") URL: https://redirector.gvt1.com on a few pcs in our office. I have run Panda Endpoint Plus, Cloud Cleaner, Malwarebytes, along with our Firewall Virus/Malware software and everything comes back clean.

I know Google Chrome has been associated with the this site. Can this be a false positive?

I have read about this potential virus and everything says to uninstall the program and reset your browsers. I have reset browsers, and can't actually find a program to uninstall. I'm at wits end here, any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
VirusBuster
Official moderator
Official moderator

Re: Potential False Positive - Redirector.gvt1.com?

Post by VirusBuster »

LPC wrote:"The page belongs to a category with access denied by the administrator (download sites")
According to this message it is the web filtering protection the one denying access to this site because it is classified to belong to the category "Download sites"

Either if the access to that URL is something done on purpose by the user or by an application trying to be updated (perhpas chrome) it is something I can't determine
The site seems to belong to Google, so perhaps its Chrome trying to be updated
Regards,

Jorge Torre
TechSupport Department - Panda Security

I don't reply to private messages unless I have previously requested them
VirusBuster
Official moderator
Official moderator

Re: Potential False Positive - Redirector.gvt1.com?

Post by VirusBuster »

Closed due to lack of response
TOPIC CLOSED
Regards,

Jorge Torre
TechSupport Department - Panda Security

I don't reply to private messages unless I have previously requested them

Return to “Virus - Archive Issues”