[SOLVED] Company domain blocked

Container for RESOLVED incidents, queries SOLVED by the experts, EXPIRED topics or those that have been CLOSED by the users.
jsouren

[SOLVED] Company domain blocked

Post by jsouren »

Dear support forum,

We have been receiving reports that some of our clients cannot reach our website if they are using Panda security.
The URL in question is www.magnamedics.com

The website either gives a 404, or the red splash screen when Safe Browsing is enabled.

On a different domain (www.move2simplicity.com) we've created a full copy of the aforementioned website, and this is not being blocked, which leads us to think that the domain is blacklisted.

The advanced logs gives no web-related information (only local scan info), and the threat history only shows that the domain is blocked, but not what type of malicious content was found.

- Is there a global blacklist / whitelist that we can inspect to see if we are affected?
- By disabling the Safe Browsing option (or whitelisting the domain), the domain is accessible.
Similar to killing the url filter process, this is an unacceptable solution.

We've seen a couple of similar posts, but they all ended up in 'this has been fixed', with no actual 'fix' being mentioned.
Please let us know if we need to supply additional information.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
VirusBuster
Official moderator
Official moderator

Re: Company domain blocked

Post by VirusBuster »

We have created the case 04482228 for this issue
The thing is that Cyren (one of our engines) is detecting the site as compromised
We'll keep you updated
Regards,

Jorge Torre
TechSupport Department - Panda Security

I don't reply to private messages unless I have previously requested them
jsouren

Post by jsouren »

Thank you for looking into this matter. We've noticed a large drop in customer visits (mainly from Germany) due to users not being able to access our website, so we ideally need to solve this issue within 48 hours.

You mention that the website is being detected as compromised. Should the copy / redirected website then not also be affected (which it isn't)?
If you could provide us with any information that you have so we can improve the situation on our end, we might be able to solve the problem quicker.

I'm running the PSInfo tool as we speak in order to gather some more information for you. I will attach the data as soon as it's collected. If you need any other information, please don't hesitate to ask.

- PSInfo file can be downloaded from my dropbox, the file is too large to attach.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/l7tafbps6pufy ... fo.7z?dl=0
VirusBuster
Official moderator
Official moderator

Post by VirusBuster »

We have determined that the URL is clean and it will no longer be detected
Regards,

Jorge Torre
TechSupport Department - Panda Security

I don't reply to private messages unless I have previously requested them
jsouren

Post by jsouren »

Thank you for your investigation and cooperation! In case we continue to receive reports, we will let you know!

Return to “Virus - Archive Issues”