[CLOSED] hotfix for "PSUAConsole has encountered a problem and needs to close" error?

Container for RESOLVED incidents, queries SOLVED by the experts, EXPIRED topics or those that have been CLOSED by the users.
xode0000

[CLOSED] hotfix for "PSUAConsole has encountered a problem and needs to close" error?

Post by xode0000 »

I currently have Panda Free Antivirus 18.00.00 installed in a Windows XP virtual machine, along with Malwarebytes Anti Malware with its real time protection enabled.

The original install of Panda Free Antivirus completed without incident and the program initially worked fine. However, lately, when clicking on the Panda icon in the taskbar, instead of the console, I would get the following error: "PSUAConsole has encountered a problem and needs to close..." When I examined that error further, it said something about a problem occurring in kernel.dll (not good). After much thrashing, I found that, if I restart Windows in safe mode, delete everything that Panda Free Antivirus has in C:\WINDOWS\Temp, and then restart Windows normally, the error goes away, at least for a time.

I then did a google search to find out more information about that error and if the problem had already been solved, and found the thread on this forum at http___support.pandasecurity.com_forum_viewtopic.php?f=99&t=6013 (the forum will not let me enter a URL so this is the best translation I could enter for that URL). That thread references a hotfix for a problem with PSUAConsole, although the problem there is not the one I am having. Is that hotfix also a fix for the problem I am having? If not, is there a hotfix for the problem I am having?
VirusBuster
Official moderator
Official moderator

Re: Possible hotfix for "PSUAConsole has encountered a problem and needs to close" error?

Post by VirusBuster »

This hotfix doesn't seem to be related to your issue

In order to continue with the study of your incident, Panda Security needs to collect additional data from your computer.

To determine which process is crashing, a post-mortem dump of the computer is needed. To generate this file, please download the document How to generate a post-mortem memory dump, follow the steps indicated and forward the resulting files to us.

In order to send us big files we have developed this tool to make the process easier.

Just download Submit_FILES_To_FTP.exe (641 KB) and run it.

It will request you the following information:

The folder where the files to be sent are stored
Your forum nickname
When this information is entered, click the Submit button and the information will be automatically sent.

Please, after submitting the files to the FTP, make a new post so that we acknowledge that there are new files in the FTP to be taken care of.
Regards,

Jorge Torre
TechSupport Department - Panda Security

I don't reply to private messages unless I have previously requested them
xode0000

Re: Possible hotfix for "PSUAConsole has encountered a problem and needs to close" error?

Post by xode0000 »

untitled.JPG
untitled.JPG (56.59 KiB) Viewed 17806 times

Please see the above JPG for the actual message I wanted to post directly but couldn't because of the "this message has been flagged as spam and has been denied" error I continued to receive. Whatever program is being used to screen for spam is now blocking legitimate technical communication and I am requesting that it be fixed so that I can properly communicate.
VirusBuster
Official moderator
Official moderator

Post by VirusBuster »

You should be able to get the WinDbg version for Windows XP from here
Regards,

Jorge Torre

VirusBuster
Official moderator
Official moderator

Post by VirusBuster »

Closed due to lack of response
TOPIC CLOSED
Regards,

Jorge Torre

Return to “Panda Free Antivirus - Archive Issues”