PA AV Pro on Win10 creator- Firewall alert/failure

Post your query about Panda Global Protection, Panda Internet Security and Panda Gold Protection here!
UserNo1

PA AV Pro on Win10 creator- Firewall alert/failure

Post by UserNo1 »

Hi

Installing Panda AV pro on Win10 creators update whenever machine is turned on Windows Defender gives an alert, firewall disabled, so i have to confirm to set it on even as panda shows firewall enabled.

Must be a bug, only happens when panda installed, not with any other av solution.

You know that and what to do for a fix?

Thx
GoochyB

Re: PA AV Pro on Win10 creator- Firewall alert/failure

Post by GoochyB »

I have the same issue - the new Windows Defender Security Centre reports firewall as being off/doesn't recognise Panda firewall even though it is on.
UserNo1

Post by UserNo1 »

well, its just on the public network, while windows is set to private network

so no idea why with panda installed that issue appears

glad we have some staff to help us here over all the weeks )
BoredUser007-

Post by BoredUser007- »

I think you must disable Windows defender and Windows firewall, then reboot and check panda (dont hesitate to reboot several times)

I also had bugs after i updates Windows 1607 to Windows 1703 (creators)
GoochyB

Post by GoochyB »

I have both windows defender and windows firewall turned off, and they have been throughout. It recognises Panda as an alternative provider for the AV, but not the firewall (and only since creator update)
problematiqueMG

Post by problematiqueMG »

Same issue here. Installed Creators Update (1703) today and I get a security warning (on the icons bar) of Windows Defender that the firewall is turned off.

When I check the Windows Defender app it shows Windows Firewall is turned OFF. (Red cross) However on the Antivirus Tab it shows Windows Defender is OFF but its recognizing Panda as Antivirus solution so it shows a green checkmark.

When I go to Panda to see if firewall is on there are no problems. It says its turned ON. Even when i look into the Security & Maintenance tab (Security center) in Settings it shows Panda Firewall is enabled. (When i turn on Windows Firewall it says there are two firewalls running which can cause problems).

So i think its just a bug in Windows Defender as both Panda and Security center of Windows are reporting firewall is ON. Besides that WD recognizes Panda as AV program, but not the firewall.

Can somebody of Panda please confirm everything is ok so we dont have to worry about the firewall? + if anyone know how to turn of the notification in the iconsbar i would appreciate it
CupofTea

Post by CupofTea »

UserNo1 wrote: glad we have some staff to help us here over all the weeks )
I wish I knew why
is it just summertime
Sharron001

Post by Sharron001 »

I also want to know how to fix.But maybe just like what you said.It's a bug.
Darth Panda
Official moderator
Official moderator

Post by Darth Panda »

The Creators distribution has got some problems registering our firewall.
It will not do so.
But it is merely an aesthetic problem as the firewall is actually working and doing its job, even if windows does not recognises it.

As for now and with the actual versions there is not a solution available but to disable the WSC, which is not recommended.
The fix will be either pushed by microsoft or by us in future versions and patches.

regards,
Technical support – Panda Security
www.pandasecurity.com

Return to “Consumer - Issues”